Re: Can't show the source file of vectors.S in insight 5.0

Thanks Jifl. now it works

 I also have another questions about debugging remote with GDB.

     1. Run redboot at RAM, load redboot.elf into insight5.0 and set the
target setttings, connect to target, it will be successfully connected and
stop at HAL_BREAKPOINT(_breakinst) ( hal_misc.c line 220). I can use NEXT to
debug redboot source code. but if I use STEP to debug, the insight will show
a message box "Program received signal SIGINT, interrupt" when run at line
1436 of generic-stub.c. when I select OK in message box, the source window
will show "select function name to disassemble" and th PC register's value
0x0. Cannot I debug Redboot especially the serial(UART) for gdb stub?

     2. Run redboot at ROM, load redboot.elf(ROM version) into insight5.0
and set the target setttings, connect to target, it will be successfully
connected and stop at HAL_BREAKPOINT(_breakinst) ( hal_misc.c line 220). use
NEXT to debug, it will stop and the status bar in the bottom of source
window will show "Program not running. Click on run icon to start"

   3. Run redboot at ROM and connect to target successfully. load a example,
it will show a message box "A debugging session is active, Abort session and
load new file", select YES. then Click run icon and it will start to
download example to the target, after downloading it will in running, press
STOP icon, it will show a message box "No response from target. Detach from
target ( and stop debugging  it)?" select YES. Click run icon again, it will
also download example to target. after downloading it will show a message
box "Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint/Trap"
select OK, program stop at ENTRY address, use NEXT to debug it and No
response( PC register value doesnot change), but the target board can
receive data through serial from Insight( I use LED to indicate it).

I am puzzled with these for about half a month. please help me! the attach
file is my hal_diag.c

best regards,
james chen

> james chen wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >     When I use insight5.0 to debug my application. the source of
vectors.S
> > file can't be showed in it. anyone can help me?
>
> vectors.S is an assembler file. No debug info is included in that as
> standard, although you could probably add some by hand.
>
> Some people have reported success in assembling vectors.S with options
like
> --gdwarf2 or --gstabs (which to use depends on the target). Maybe try
that.
> Let us know if it works on your target.
>
> Jifl
> --
> Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
> Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine

hal_diag.c