Re: Problem downloading eCos

> > Hmm, I find out that what I thought was a stupid mistake on my part isn't
>[...]
> > Why does this one file cause problems? Does "gencodes.exe" open the machine
> > descriptor file in binary mode?? If so, it's broken for cygwin. Is it
>Firstly, make sure you're using cygwin CVS and not another one. And

This was the dumb mistake I thought I'd made, but it turns out I didn't
make that mistake. No, I was definitely, positively, absolutely using the
cygwin CVS client. (So, why did it give me a File'O'^Ms? The behavior
observed is consistent with CVS downloading without ^Ms, the text-mode
mount point inserting them, and gencode.exe opening the file in binary mode
and seeing them)

>secondly, here's a similar post from the cygwin list. Point 2a) is the
>interesting one, although I've heard people report that having it mounted
>in text mode doesn't work either. Or maybe it was only the build directory
>in text mode that fails.

As you can see from my second post, manually translating the arm.md file
"fixed" that problem but leads me to a link problem.

The build directory is mounted in binary mode, the source directory is
mounted in text mode.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."