Re: Required Information

"K.Srinivasa Aithala" wrote:

> I wanted to know along with the RTOS what other code
> are readily available with eCos, I mean the tcp/ip
> stack, the CLI, the SNMP, HTTP server, Bootp client,
> telnet, VLAN,  etc. Also, is eCos already ported on to
> MPC8240

eCos includes a TCP/IP stack, SNMP agent, and BOOTP/DHCP client in the
standard sources. If your platform includes RedBoot support, you can
connect to it with telnet, and debug over ethernet. The GoAhead web server
has been ported to eCos.

>From http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/hardware.html you can see that we
support platforms with several other MPC processors, but not the MPC8240
itself yet.

> I would like to know the exact web locations from
> where I can download the above code. I would also like
> to know if there is any commercial terms included with
> this.

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos

For the features you require, it would be better to download the eCos
sources from anonymous CVS, rather than eCos 1.3.1 (although you will need
to download eCos 1.3.1 initially).

You can get commercial level support from Red Hat. This guarantees you
qualified tools and eCos sources, as well as prompt support for any
problems you have. Red Hat can also do porting work, or any other
customizations you require. More information can be found at
http://www.redhat.com/embedded/technologies/ecos/

Jifl