Re: Re: Red Hat eCos and RedBoot news

Christian Plessl wrote:

> Hi Juul
>
> Did you realize that you were posting a 16MB attachment file to a public
> mailing list!!!!!! I suppose this was by mistake.
>
 > You should NEVER NEVER post attachment of that size to maling lists.
> There are a lot of people without highspeed internet connections out
> there. Some of them may not be able to use IMAP and will have to
> download all your 16MB file even if they are not interessted in.

We have tried to expunge the message from the mail system before it got
sent to everyone. Indeed, I haven't even received it myself, and now I
never will.

Juul, I will e-mail you privately about potentiall getting the file to Red
Hat so we can make it available for FTP if you like. In the meantime, you
may want to e-mail to the list the text of your message, without the
attachment.

> Sidenot to the guys at Redhat: Can't you configure your mailinglist
> server to reject messages with attachments larger than say some 10 kB.

10Kb seems a bit low. But even the list maintainers thought there was some
limit. It seems it was missed as an oversight, and is obviously going to be
corrected.

Jifl