Re: Memory Layout

> On 18-Apr-2001 james chen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >        From memory layout, I find that Redboot( startup in ROM) and
> > Applications( startup in RAM ) both share the same memory address and
size.
> > When I use GDB debugging applications through redboot's gdb stub. Will
> > redboot's memory  be cracked by Applications? Thanks in advance!
>
> Memory used by RedBoot and "normal" applications do not overlap.  The MLT
> files imply that they do, but this is because RedBoot is just a ROM
> application and the MLT setup is to allow for any application to use all
> available resources.
>
> In general, RedBoot uses a chunk of low memory (128k is typical) and
> RAM based applications are set up to load just above that and use the
> remaining memory.

       After looking many ARM based platform in eCos. RAM based applications
leave different size memory( from 0x8000--0x20000), I think these memory is
used by RedBoot except vectors( sure?:-) ). Which size will I leave memory
for RedBoot, I am using my custom board based on ARM7TDMI.
       Another quesiton, when I release my applications and RedBoot will not
ship in. Will the memory used by redboot be lost( can't used by normal
applicationss). If then, how can I re-use it?

      Thanks in advance!

james chen