Re: eCos vs. ECos

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:17:15PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:10:40AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:
> >
> > When present as the first word of a sentence, is the official
> > spelling "eCos" or "ECos"?
>
> Hackers are well known for bending the rules of English grammer.
> eg. you should of put the ? inside the quotes in your question....

At least one recent usage manual I saw (I can't remember which
one, of course) shows the above as allowed usage in the context
where the quotes are being used to denote a word or letter is
being treated as a string or literal value rather than as a
normal part of speach.  IOW, the quotation marks are being used
in the Computer Science sense of the word "quote" rather than
in the literary sense that indicates the word(s) are being
spoken by somebody other than the author.

> Anyway, looking at sources.redhat.com/ecos, it should have a
> lower case letter.

And so it shall be...

--