Re: RedBoot

Anthony Massa wrote:

> I am trying to download code using GDB/Insight with my MBX860 target running
> RedBoot.  I am a little confused as to the sequence of the commands I need
> to use.  What I am doing is in Insight I use Run->Connect to Target.  I then
> connect via Remote/TCP using the IP address and port 9000.  I get a
> successfully connected message.
>
> What do I do next to run my code on the target?
>
> Do I use the .img file or .srec file?

The fact you are mentioning those extensions seems to indicate confusion -
those extensions are only likely to be relevant for RedBoot itself but you
say RedBoot's already on your board, so you don't have to do anything with
any other RedBoot files.

Any applications you've built in ecos will be in ELF format and can be
downloaded just by selecting it with File->Open, setting a breakpoint if
you like, probably opening the console window with View->Console to see any
output, and then hitting the Run button which should both download and run
your program.

Jifl