Re: ARM Thumb

>a fixed version. I think there was at least one, who uses the normal
>arm-elf-gcc (or arm-coff-gcc) with a compiler switch for generating
>thumb code. Are there any experiences? Whats the best solution?

You can't build eCos in thumb mode. There is a bug in gcc at the moment
which makes the build operation fail. (Still there with CVS sources of Monday).

You can build eCos in ARM mode with thumb interworking enabled, as long as
you also built newlib with interworking enabled. You can then build your
app in thumb mode (with interworking).

There isn't a fully satisfactory solution yet.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."