Re: Serial drivers in iq80310.

Ashwin Kamath wrote:

> I am using a slightly older repository (1 month old), but this problem
> should remain the same, since I did not see any relevant changes in the
> changelog since then.
>
> I use a default configuration for iq80310. At this stage serial drivers
> are not enabled in ecos.ecc, so I go ahead and enable it. Then I run
> "ecosconfig tree" and make, but the final image does not have the serial
> devices in the device tab. Also for this platform the generic serial
> driver sources are required at devs/eth/generic/current/src, but the
> generic directory does not get created in the build tree. Another
> verification point is that the symbols defined in the generic source
> file are not present in the library. Is something else required, so that
> I can get the serial drivers built with the rest of the libraries?

It seems to be an omission that the generic serial package is not included
in the target template for the iq80310. I'll fix that, but till then, just
add it to your configuration using "ecosconfig add
devs_serial_generic_16x5x"

> So, to circumvent the above problem, I used the /dev/ttydiag device. I
> use the xmodem method to download an image which uses this device node.
> All the program does is write to this device and read from it, with a
> few other threads which are idle at this time. (The lowest priority task
> writes to the console). Writes are fine, but reads do not respond to
> keystrokes on a minicom terminal very well. Out of every 10 or so keys
> that I hit, only one gets echoed back. So I disabled the interrupts
> around the call to cyg_io_read, after this everything works fine. But it
> is not desirable for a low priority console task to disable interrupts
> and wait for console input. Is the above behaviour expected when
> /dev/ttydiag is used. (I am not using gdb at this time.)

Not expected, no. But if you had the serial device driver enabled, I would
have said that it was it that was eating the characters :-). I think you'll
have to debug it.

Jifl