RE: Basic Redboot Configuration

On 10-May-2001 Narayana, Venkat A. wrote:
> Hi,
> How to make Redboot with just Ethernet support. This is for XScale board.
> I took a very basic Redboot Configuration(just Serial Port support) and
> added
> CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS, CYGPKG_NET packages. But when i did
> 'ecosconfig check', it tell me that i should add CYGPKG_KERNEL pkg.
> Is there any way just to add Ethernet support into redboot without adding
> KERNEL package?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Venkat

You should _not_ add CYGPKG_NET as this adds the eCos full TCP/IP networking.

  % ecosconfig new iq80310 redboot
  % ecosconfig add eth_drivers
  % ecosconfig import startup_ROM
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make

where 'startup_ROM' contains the lines:

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value ROM
};

Note: this is not terribly different from the standard configuration.
Of course, you'll still also have basic serial support as well.