RE: Question about MBX860 Redboot Ethernet connection

You can also set the 'locally administered address'
bit and then assign your own addresses inside your
network. Setting that bit really frees you from
worry about accidental duplication of addresses.
That is the second bit transmitted in the MAC address,
or for most devices (in hex form) 02 00 00 00 00 00
So you just pick a rational sequence for the rest.

Doug