RE: Redboot installation queries

On 23-May-2001 Rajeev murthy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The board i am using is ARM7 core based. I am using linux(6.2) as host. I downloaded the latest
> sources (ecos-latest.tar.gz) from the CVS and was able to build the following files:
> redboot.bin
> redboot.elf
> redboot.img
> redboot.srec
> Going through the README, i found that the RedBoot as yet doesn't support serial downloading, but
> this is the only thing my board supports as of now. Is there any alternative to download the
> images.

I don't know where you got the impression that RedBoot does not support serial
download.  This is available either using 'load -m xModem' (see documentation on
the RedBoot "load" command) or by using RedBoot to run in GDB mode.

I am a little confused about your initial paragraph though.  Exactly what is
your target board?  Is it a supported target or one of your own crafting?
Do you already have RedBoot running on that board?