Re: network test problem on ipaq

Weilong Li wrote:

>   I also tried running tcp_echo before, after
> tcp_echo is running, I cannot ping ipaq,
> so tcp_source and tcp_sink will always
> return "no route to host" error message.
>   The ip address of ipaq I'm talking about
> is assigned by running a dhcp server on linux host,
> then upon redboot boots, it will detect the
> socket communication ethernet card, and then
> assign the ip address. So in this sense,
> I think the ip address is redboot's ip address.
> I don't know how the ip address of ecos is assigned,
> can you elaborate on this ?

The eCos network stack does not use redboot's ip address ( you can't have
two different network stacks processing the same data). The eCos stack's IP
address is set according to the CDL data, either also from BOOTP/DHCP, or
statically. Try setting it statically as that's safest. Look for the
component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS and the options within it.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/