A request for a little something back!

Hi Folks,

Red Hat are interested in finding out more about what eCos is being used
for. We know of eCos based systems being used in a diverse array of shipping
products including laser printers, mp3 players, raid arrays, voice
recognition, broadband gateways, telecoms, telematics, remote access, radar,
etc. This however is obviously just the tip of the iceberg! Because of the
nature of open source development we generally only find out about the use
eCos is being put to when a company requests custom engineering work or a
support contract, by word of mouth, or when we get a contribution back.

We are looking to you for feedback that will help us form a more accurate
understanding of the uses eCos is being put to - what are the most popular
applications and processors, the amount of ongoing product development,
actual designs being shipped, etc. The information gained will be used to
the overall community's benefit in helping to guide eCos development and
better publicize and raise the profile of eCos based products.

We can offer individuals that respond the opportunity for their company to
participate in PR with Red Hat, to have their product featured on an
upcoming embedded application gallery on the Red Hat web site, and if
required, we will also provide a written release from the license
stipulation for eCos to be mentioned in your products documentation.

We understand that most of you will need to keep this information
confidential so feel free to mail me direct. All information provided will
be held in the strictest confidence and will not be released without your
permission. I am looking for a simple overview of your company's use(s) of
eCos. Please include the following information in your reply:

Company:
Short overview of eCos based application(s):
Short overview of h/w design(s) including CPU used:

I hope you agree, providing this information is a small thing to do in
comparison to the benefits you have gained from your companies use of eCos!

Many Thanks, Paul.
--
Paul Beskeen
Director of Engineering, Red Hat Cambridge