Re: FW: Add Memory

Jason Lin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to find out what are the changes necessary to add additional
> Dual Port RAM to my Arm integrator board. I have set up both cygwin on WinNT
> and Linux development environment. Is there any GUI in configtool that does
> this?

Nope.

> BTW this RAM is on the EBI Bus. How do I set the EBI registers? Do I
> need to do it in HAL or I can set it in the user program?

While there's no strict divide between HAL and program, if any memory setup
is required, it's better to set it up near the start of initialization in
case it is used, or in case adding it changes the memory map.

> Is it sufficient to edit mlt_arm_integrator_ram.ldi?

Maybe. You could try and see :-). Actually you should also edit the .h file
appropriately too, otherwise the heap won't be at the top of memory. But if
you are on Windows you can use the Memory Layout Tool included in the
configuration tool and just increase the size of the RAM region.

The port was written by ARM and has never been integrated into the eCos
source tree. We at Red Hat don't know much about it. I quickly looked at
the hal_platform_setup.h for the integrator HAL and there doesn't seem to
be any memory setup, which may indicate the hardware or Angel sorts it out.

>  What are the commands
> necessary to include in this linker script file other than MEMORY?

None probably.

> I'm just
> using this piece of as a data buffer. Do i need to include SECTIONS?

No.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/