RE: ecos ethernet configuration for ipaq

On 10-Jul-2001 Weilong Li wrote:
> Hi, I'm kind of desperately need to enable networking
> functionality for ipaq. The problem I currently
> have is I don't know how to set various configurations
> (whether using dhcp or static ip) in ecos.ecc for
> ipaq.
> I have tried for several weeks to do trial and error,
> but got no luck.
>
> If someone can show me a working version of ecos.ecc,
> (whether using static ip or dhcp), this would be a big
> big help to me, and I would definitely be willing to
> buy a lunch or dinner, if you are in silicon valley.

Here's what I just did, using the iPAQ and DHCP-style addressing:

  % ecosconfig new ipaq net
  % ecosconfig add pcmcia
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make
  % make -C net/tcpip/current tests TESTS=tests/nc_test_slave

It worked just fine.

Note: most likely your problem is the PCMCIA package, which must
be added explicitly.