Re: ASSERTS & TRACING quit working

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

>   >
>   > As I said it depends on the configuration. So look at the
>   > options there. That's just one of the options.
>   >
>   > > I also remember the first time I enabled Asserts and
>   > Tracing last time
>   > > I ended up getting way to much output.  So, I disabled
>   > some option
>   > > somewhere, and then I only got what I wanted.  What
>   > option might this
>   > > have been?
>   >
>   > Logging of function entry/exit probably.
>
> I think you're right.
>
> I'm starting to get really ticked off at this tracing thing.  The output
> is not the same as it was beofre, nor does it do any actual tracing
> unless I specifically ask it to by calling CYG_TRACE_PRINT ().

Then enable CYGDBG_INFRA_DEBUG_TRACE_BUFFER_PRINT. Or don't use buffered
tracing at all, but fancy tracing (CYGDBG_INFRA_DEBUG_TRACE_ASSERT_FANCY)
instead.

>  On top
> of that, it outputs tracing information from kernel functions and stuff
> that I don't want.  It wasn't this hard to set it up before.  I had it
> running in 5 minutes, not 4 hours.
>
> Could you list some quick steps that you would go through when setting
> up tracing for a new eCos project?

I only use tracing when debugging, so I often don't mind having it at full
verbosity, give or take function entry/exit. Maybe you were thinking of
CYGDBG_INFRA_DEBUG_TRACE_ASSERT_SIMPLE which logs less per line (but as
many lines).

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/