RE: question about GDB things.

On 12-Jul-2001 Tony Ko wrote:
> hi.
> I'm trying to load eCos image via GDB ( on board Redboot is running )
>>powerpc-eabi-gdb -nw install/eCos
> (gdb) set remotebaud 38400
> (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
> Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
> 0xfe002640 in ?? ()
>
> what's mean by " 0xfe002640 in ??" () ?

It simply the current program counter (PC) on the machine (which is
actually in your debug stubs, probably RedBoot).  The ?? simply means
that GDB has no knowledge of where this value is, because it is not
in the program being debugged.  Once you download new code, the PC
will be reset to a point within that application.