Re: what is bitmaped sheduler?

Piteir wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the first time I heard about bitmaped
> scheduler, a little explanation in eCos Reference
> manual isn't clear.
>
> Can anyone explained it to me?

  The BITMAP scheduler is a quite simple scheduler. The main idea is
that there are 32 (I'm not sure about the exact number) different
priorities of threads, there can't be two threads with the same
priority.
  When a thread is assigned a priority then the corresponding bit of the
map of threads is put to 1, so in a word of memory you can have the
complete map of threads and check easily wich is the active thread which
has the highest priority.