Re: RedBoot Problems!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesper Skov <jskov@cambridge.redhat.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2001 10:14:03 +0200
To: "Chris C." <phchang@programmer.net>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] RedBoot Problems!

> Chris> Hi Here are some questions I want to ask:
>
> Chris> 1. I have updated the latest version of repository and selected
> Chris> the redboot template (PID platform) to build the redboot but
> Chris> some errors occured. I haven''t change anything.
>
> Did you import the redboot_R[AO]M.ecm file?

Why need to import the redboot_R[AO]M.ecm file? I found that there are two files, so which file I need to import or import both of them?

> Chris> 2. Can I just update some sources or packages from the
> Chris> anonymous CVS repository and use them with the other sources or
> Chris> packages [v1.3.1]?
>
> No.
>
> Chris> 3. I knew that redhat will release a platform HAL for AT91EB40,
> Chris> shall I modifiy the sources in the redboot package so that it
> Chris> can port to the AT91EB40?
>
> No, that will already have been done.

If I want to port the reboot to the AT91EB40, do I need to write the ecm files [ram and rom] for AT91EB40?

If I select another template [not redboot], do I need to write the ecm files?

I don't know how to write the ecm file, where can I find some reference materials.

> Jesper

If I want to download a testing program to the target board via gdb stub [rom startup], do I need the flash programmming tool?

Thanks! :D

--

Chris

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com