Re: Orinoco Wavelan Driver

Nick Clarey wrote:

> The main current limitation is that it doesn't support RedBoot (i.e.
> non-KERNEL network support), though this shouldn't be too hard to add.
> Would Red Hat be willing to take a look at this and adjudge it's
> suitability for inclusion?

Obviously it would be hard to include something that is missing such an
important feature as RedBoot support, at least if it is intended to
obsolete the existing support. But since I imagine it should be easy to add
a polling interface, just like the current one, I'm sure you can resolve
that easily enough. Obviously either the existing drivers would need to be
moved over, or it should be possible for the two systems to co-exist.

We will certainly try and include it if it's useful. But the implication is
that it's still work in progress. It would probably be simpler for everyone
if it's only added when it's completed or nearly completed. If you want to
put up an EPK/patchset we can make that available easily enough, although
you'd probably prefer http://www.3glab.org/ I'd imagine.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/