Re: RedBoot Problems!

>On 30-Jul-2001 Chris C. wrote:
> Hi
>
> Here are some questions I want to ask:
>
> 1. I have selected the redboot template in the config. tool and then I select ROM startup, import
> all the necessary packages, without changing the redboot default setting, debug serial port and
> diagnostic serial port are same (0). After that, I generated the bin file and download to the
> target board and use the hyper terminal to connect the target board. I saw a string like this
> -> $T0540:fff05cd8;01:00004664;#92 and I can use the gdb to connect the target board and
> display the value of the registers. My problem is that I didn't see the "Redboot>"
> at the hyper terminal [com1 and com2], so what is the problem?
>

>This means that RedBoot crashed during it's initialization.  Obviously a lot got
>running, hence GDB being able to run.

>In order to help more, you'll have to tell us:
>  What platform (architecture, board)?
We use AT91EB40 but use another flash to replace the original flash.
>  What tools did you use to build with?
We use arm-elf-gcc to build the bin file.
>  What extra options (if any) you selected?
I selected the redboot template;
added generic flash memory support, support for atmel AT29xxxx flash memory, support for flash memory on ARM/AT91EB40 board, ARM AT91EB40 serial device drivers;
set startup type to ROM, debug and diag. serial port set to 0, disable thumb instruction set, interworking compiler option, without include GDB multi-threading debug support;
keep other things unchange like Redboot, Flash device drivers....
The selected flash AT29xxxx is not the same as our new flash but I still add it because without it the built process can't finish. [I haven't implement the flash program yet]

> 2. Which one is the redboot used to communicate with hyper terminal?
> The device driver in packages\devs\serial or the function in hal_diag.c

> RedBoot only uses the HAL diag I/O routines.
You mean there may be something wrong in hal_diag.c?

> BTW - exclamatories(!) in the subject will often send your message directly
> to the "round file", especially mine :-)

Thanks!
--

Chris

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com