RE: Problems with RedBoot on x86 generic pc...

  > > The redboot I'm using is the June 8th binary on the website,
  > redboot.bin
  >
  > Although I tested this binary before, I just retested it just to be
sure
  > and it Works For Me(tm).

Me(tm) LOL?  Like windows me?

  > One possibility is that there is noise on the serial line. RedBoot
  > listens
  > to all input channels, and as soon as it gets something on one, it
uses
  > that from then on. So if it got a glitch on the serial line, it
might
  > switch to that and stay there. How many serial ports does the
machine
  > have?

It doesn't work on the serial line either.  I don't see how it could
have noise on the serial line when nothing is connected to it.  I tried
it with and without the serial line plugged in.  Also, I tried it on
three separate and completely different computers.  In particular, a
Dell, an epox motherboard, and another motherboard that I've forgotten
the brand name of.  One computer has a single serial port, the other one
has only one enabled, and the one I tried today has a serial line
connected to it that is connected to my EDB7xxx board while the board is
off.

One other thing I forgot to mention before is that I do get the redboot
prompt if I connect to the serial line from the host machine before
booting the RedBoot server.  Although I do get the prompt, it won't
respond to anything.