Re: eCos library

>>>>> "james" == james chen <james_ch1@sina.com> writes:

james>         Can anyone tell me the difference between libextras.a
james> and libtarget.a. I compile a file which include some my own
james> functions into libtarget.a, when I don't call these functions,
james> I can't see the file in gdb insight. but if I compile it into
james> libextras.a, I can see it in gdb insight.  Are there any
james> comments about libextras.a and libtarget.a, and I also want to
james> know which file need compile into libtarget.a, the other
james> compile into libextras.a?

If you don't see the function when linkrf into libtarget.a it's
because the function is not called anywhere and thus gets garbage
collected by the linker.

And that's the difference between libtarget.a and libextras.a - the
latter wil always be included in the final image while the former will
be subject to linker GC.

james>      BTW, in ecos install library directory, I also see
james> extras.o, where does it come from?

Required build magic to make it all work (due to the way the linker
works).

Jesper