Re: SNDS package from Grant Vine

> I must be missing something, I tried to include the packages I
> downloaded form Grant, and tried to put in the snds package,
> which worked, then I tried to build the package, and it
> complained about some missing files.

Is it the src/redboot/*c files that it's complaining about?

> I then downloaded the
> latest CVS source, and found the missing files. I then
> installed the latest config 2.04 and tried to add the packages
> to that, and got the error about the file pkgadd.txt missing.

Ah, apparently something has been added to the .epk format.

> Can someone just give me the best pointer to sorting this out.
> I would prefer to use the latest source from CVS, so if you
> have a solution in that direction, I would greatly appreciate
> it.

Just guessing:

  Untar the package file in an empty directory:

    $ mkdir tmp
    $ tar -C tmp -xzvf snds-current.epk

  Create a pkgadd.txt file:

    $ echo "pkgadd.txt file contents" >tmp/pkgadd.txt

  Recreate the tarball:

    $ tar -C tmp -czvf snds-current.epk pkgadd.txt pkgadd.db hal

I'll remove the references to src/redboot and I'll try to find
out what belongs in pkgadd.txt.  Hopefully I can put a fixed .epk
file up on my ftp site this evening after my vollyball game.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com