Re: Re: SH7709a Breakpoint and Single Step Problems

Peter> Jesper Skov wrote:
>> Single stepping in 7709a should be working now. I think it's broken
>> on some 7729s for an unknown reason - uncommenting the UBC line
>> should help.

Peter> At least until the snapshot from end of April 2001 it did not
Peter> work without modifying the source. I use the 7709A, and always
Peter> had to disable the User Break Controller.

Hm... It needs looking into. The problems arise from the UBC being
subtly different between SH variants. I thought the code was working
properly for all supported variants though.

Peter> (BTW I wonder how the UBC can be used when having more than two
Peter> breakpoints.)

The UBC is only used for single-stepping, which only requires a single
UBC breakpoint. Regular breakpoints are managed by GDB using the trap
instruction.

Jesper