RE: Port to XScale board

On 20-Aug-2001 Cristiano Ligieri Pereira wrote:

>> What kind of a program are you trying to execute?
>> Have you tried letting RedBoot load the program and then execute it from
>> RedBoot?
>
> The simple Hello World example. I've tried the Redboot load command, but
> it's timing out. Maybe I'm doing it wrongly. I issue the 'load' command,
> then I close the 'kermit' (I'm using kermit to communicate through the
> serial) in which I'm interfacing with Redboot, open a new 'kermit' since I
> have only one serial port and can't connect two kermit's to the same port
> and transmit the file using xmodem. It's timing out.

What's your development platform?  Can you use 'minicom' (we've had no
troubles with it).

What happens if you run 'load' from RedBoot, but _don't_ disconnect?
You should get a series of 'C' characters, each about 3 seconds apart.
If they all come out right off, then you need to look at your implementation
of HAL_DELAY_US().  This is also a common problem for new ports.