Re: problem in building ecos host side software

    Ravi> hi all, i am trying to build ecos host side software. i did
    Ravi> code check out from the anonymous repository to get the
    Ravi> latest version of ecos. i am able to run configure script
    Ravi> which is there in the ecos/host/configure. after that it
    Ravi> create the Makefile. the problem what i am facing is when i
    Ravi> tried to run the generated Makefile, it is giving the
    Ravi> compilation error. the following is the error what i am
    Ravi> getting.

    Ravi> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `hosttest.exp', needed by `all-am'.
    Ravi> Stop.
    Ravi> make[3]: Leaving directory `/u/ARM/ecos/host/build/infra'
    Ravi> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    Ravi> make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/ARM/ecos/host/build/infra'
    Ravi> make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
    Ravi> make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/ARM/ecos/host/build/infra'
    Ravi> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

    Ravi> i tried searching for hosttest.exp file which is not there
    Ravi> in my system.

    Ravi> could any body help me in solving this problem?

    Ravi> thanks in advance,

I suspect that you have run configure inside the source tree. This is
discouraged, instead it is recommended that you use a separate build
tree as per the host/README file. For our internal builds we always
use a separate build tree, keeping the source tree clean and thus
avoiding lots of CVS noise.

The problem with hosttest.exp was reported a while back, but IIRC only
happened if you ran "make clean". I have not yet tracked down exactly
what is causing it or how to fix it: it is low priority because it
does not affect the way we build things internally. Restoring the
file as recommended by John Gumb would sort out the problem.

Bart