Questions about GDB Ctrl-C support.

I'm trying to use gdb via serial connection to RedBoot, and
everything works peachy-keen until the point where eCos enables
interrupts.  I can set break-points, single-step, etc. in the
initialization stuff, but once interrupts are enabled, I get
"spurious interrupt" messages complaining about interrupts from
the serial port that RedBoot is using to talk to gdb.

I don't have virtual vectors enabled in my eCos HAL, since I
don't my HAL to depend on RedBoot.  I don't want diag_printf to
do output with calls to RedBoot.

[I'm using a CVS snapshot from December.]

However, I would like to add GDB ctrl-C support to my HAL, and
I'm not sure what I need to do.  I've looked at

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/hal-stubs.html

But, that seems to be describing how it works when you're using
the gdb stubs built into the eCos HAL (I'm using the stubs that
are in RedBoot).  It also keeps refering to a "serial driver,"
and I don't know what driver that would be -- there is no eCos
driver for the debug UART -- eCos doesn't even know it exists.

The hal_arch_default_isr() that I have doesn't do anything
except print a "spurious interrupt message". I've looked at the
HAL files for other platforms in my snapshot, and they seem to
be doing stuff with CygMon.

I presume that I need to modify hal_arch_default_isr() to make
a call to RedBoot via the virtual vector table so that it can
service the UART and check for 0x03.  Or do I add a
hal_default_isr() to my HAL, and figure out how to get that
used in place of hal_arch_default_isr()?

Do more recent copies of some of the HALs have examples of what
I need to do in my default_isr routine?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com