Re: Problems with RedBoot on x86 generic pc...

I've tried the provided image for a floppy on several x86 boxen, and it
works on some, doesn't on others. As a test, i tried setting

cdl_option CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_COMM_CHANNELS { user_value 1 };
and
cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN { user_value 0 };

That certainly cleared up the problem, but of course gets rid of the PC's
screen, which was nice. Maybe someone can use this info to track down the
bug, I'm not that familiar with the code base yet. But that's a temporary
fix for poor folks like me who it wasn't working for. Perhaps this is
just a problem with motherboards with only one serial port. Perhaps its
deeper, *shrug*.

- adam agnew