Re: redboot conflicting with ethernet application driver

Richard Wicks wrote:

> I've finally got my application to compile with TCP/IP support. I'm using the
> following commands to setup the eCos kernel:
>
> ecosconfig new iq80310
> ecosconfig add net
> ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS
> ecosconfig tree
> make
>
> And everything compiles just fine. My applications link happily with it as
> well.
>
> However, I can see that when I download the application to redboot, my
> application crashes. I've traced this to the driver in my application (which
> DOESN'T use any TCP/IP calls). It seems that the kernel as compiled above
> cannot coexist with the driver in Redboot (presumably, they are the same
> exact driver.) I'm using a standard redboot downloaded from redhat's site.

I'm pretty certain we've had it working here fine. Where exactly does it
crash? There may be some other reason...

Are you debugging over the network at the same time? Have you tried via
serial?

> Does anybody know either:
>
> * How to disable the ethernet driver support with redboot under the XScale

Rebuild redboot with CYGPKG_REDBOOT_NETWORKING disabled.

> or
>
> * How to make the application ethernet driver coexist with the redboot
> ethernet driver

It should already....

Jifl