This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: RedBoot and other companies OS products
- To: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] RedBoot and other companies OS products
- From: Adam Agnew <agnew at missl dot cs dot umd dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:11:46 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: Gregg C Levine <drwho8 at worldnet dot att dot net>, ecos - discuss <ecos-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
> > To reiterate, this is actually what I've been up to. Although, it still
> > relies on LinuxBIOS (www.linuxbios.org) for chipset specific instructions,
> Naturally :-). But obviously For the real low end, it would be better to
> avoid the overlap between linuxbios and RedBoot. Despite its earlier name
> "freebios" I'm not clear on the licensing issues - lack of license doesn't
> make it free software :-).
To clear that up, LinuxBIOS is GPL. I'm dodging the obvious bullet by
keeping LinuxBIOS and RedBoot as seperate images.