Re: does eCos/GNU debugger supports EmbeddedICE

Hi

Thanks for your reply, my understanding is that by using
on-chip embeddedICE, JTAG embeddedICE interface unit and
GNU gdb, I could  download our program, containing ecos,
into ram, and the program is run and debugged out of ram.
In order to do all of these, we do not need to pre-build
any  program (like angel) into the arm chip core. Am I
right?

I also have some other questions
1. which command of gdb you are using to program the flash
memory? Does gdb has a command for flash downloading?

2. Have you ever tried to modify  the redboot and make it run
on your custom board?  If not, without the support of redboot,
how could you use eCos to write the code. ( seems lots of functions
do need the support of redboot running on board)

Thanks again.

Shaojie