discontinguous memory setup

Hello,
we use RedBoot do boot linux on our SA1110/1111 dev board, which is roughly
assabet+neponset. For now, we use RedBoot-Assabet config as a starting point.
RedBoot currently runs and boots linux correctly, uses flash etc (CF slot not
detected, tough).

Now i have two Questions:
1)
I hacked hal_platform_setup.h to provide correct memory timings & SDRAM
configuration, our board uses 2 banks of ram, each 16 MB:
0xc000000 - 16Mb
0xd000000 - 16Mb

I setup SA11X0_DRAM_CONFIGURATION correctly, but somehow RedBoot seems to
change the settings from 0x72557255 to 0x72547255 (Bank 2 Enabled -> disabled).

I  have not changed plf_mmap.h to reflect my memory settings, as i wonder how
RedBoot detects available memory (or is it a compile-time option?).

Does RedBoot support such discontinguous memory setups?

2)
If we decide to use RedBoot, how do i add Support for our Board? I understand
that hacking assabet code is not the Right Thing To Do, is it?

Thank you,
Stefan Eletzhofer