Re: Using the TCP/IP stack from the anonymous CVS server

Richard Wicks wrote:

> I have since found the source of the "GDB" failure.  It appears to really be
> an ethernet driver failure corrupting memory.  In the driver "if_iq80310.c",
> the call to ResetTxRing fails on the 10th iteration of the for loop.  I
> haven't traced it exactly, but I am doing it now.  It may be that the
> MAX_TX_DESCRIPTORS variable is incorrect but I haven't determined exactly
> what it going on yet.

As you corrected in private mail, you meant to say ResetRxRing and
MAX_RX_DESCRIPTORS.

The MAX_RX_DESCRIPTORS is effectively a user set value - it doesn't
correspond with any property of the hardware (although it does correspond
with the i82559 heap).

You could try enabling assertion support in RedBoot as the driver does have
a few helpful assertions. It's in the "infra" package.

> I will continue debug to determine the exact error and contact you in private
> email if that is OK with you.  You are right, this discussion is too specific
> for the general list and I shouldn't be fillings people's mail boxes with it.
> Sorry everybody.

No please continue on the list: there are other people using the iq80310
who may know more or help.

> I will stop bothering the list  for now and find out what is happening and
> let you know what's going on as soon as I know.  This bug seems to only
> appear in my configuration.  Perhaps I am using the incorrect driver but the
> name certainly sounds right.

Should be right.

> In any case, thank you very much for your help.  You've already given me more
> support than I ever found with vxWorks which is why we're not using them.
>
> Thank you,

I haven't helped that much, believe me.

Jifl