Re: Redboot on x86, what can and can not presently be loaded

Adam Agnew wrote:

> I know that right now, RedBoot certainly can not load to a Linux Kernel
> ELF image, so my group here at the university of maryland will definitly
> be implementing that and contributing the code back.
> But could someone tell me what RedBoot on x86 presently CAN load? Any
> binary format of a Linux kernel? RedBoot images? Ecos images?.. bin images
> in general? Elf images in general? Coff images?
> How about RedBoot on other platforms?
>
> Thank you, a response could save me some digging, trial and error, and
> help me figure out where I need to start to get an ELF loader implemented.

Binary or srec format files via various transports. On other platforms the
kernel "binary" is normally downloaded in srec format.

Perhaps you might want to read the documentation at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/redboot.html

Jifl