Re: vrc437x virtual vector support

Jesper Skov wrote:

> Jonathan> And by the looks of it, platforms should indeed be
> Jonathan> conditionalising on CLAIM_COMMS really (although the bloat
> Jonathan> should be limited if selective linking works for your
> Jonathan> target, which it does for mips).
>
> No, they should not be conditionalising anything. The CDL decisions
> are made and acted upon in the common HAL. The platform code is called
> if needed and will be linker GC'd if not. At least that was the plan.

Ah, so you _are_ relying on linker GC :-). As you see, I was hinting that
it would be relying on it working. If you're happy making that assumption
(that linker GC is on and working) then okay, but as long as you realise
that's the assumption being made. I thought in general we tried to hard
code the conditionals on the basis of double checking assumptions (and
reducing compile time).

Jifl