Re: About compression and Decompression ???

sreenivas> Hi, I have two questions about compressoin and
sreenivas> decompression in RedBoot

sreenivas> my question1: How will i compress a image in RedBoot. Is
sreenivas> there any command available ?

No.

sreenivas> If at all the image is a compressed format, then using
sreenivas> either 'load' or 'fis load' command we can decompress and
sreenivas> put in to RAM.

sreenivas> But, I need to put compressed image in to flash. How can i
sreenivas> do that?  using 'fis write' there is no option for to
sreenivas> compress the image and put in to flash.

Compress the image before downloading it to the target.

sreenivas> my question2: Generally, how much heap memory is required
sreenivas> for a size of 1MB image to be compressed using 'deflation '
sreenivas> Algorithm.

I think the gunzip algorithm has a fixed overhead of something like
64kB.

Jesper