How can I use Zlib sources support in RedBoot

Hi,
I am using only RedBoot package in eCos not total eCos.I  enabled
CYGPKG_COMPRESS_ZLIB. I need compression and decompression support in
RedBoot.
so,In the 'services' package in eCos, zlib sources are present. the zlib
sources are
internally dependant on 'memalloc' sources. But the memalloc sources are
mostly written
in CPP.

my question:
How can i seperately compile and link 'zlib' sources and 'memalloc'
sources using 'gcc'
powerpc compiler  without eCos. what are the changes i need to make in
makefile's of
zlib sources and memalloc sources in 'services' package of eCos.

Thanks in advance
Sreenivas