Re: About compression&Decompression.]

>>>>> "sreenivas" == sreenivas y p s s <sreenivas@multitech.co.in> writes:

sreenivas> Hi, I compiled and linked the files in the zlib directory
sreenivas> of Services package of eCos.  I am Debugging the code with
sreenivas> SDS debugger.Also, i added the example.c file of zlib.

sreenivas> My question:

sreenivas> In the example file example.c test_deflate() and

I'm not sure if the example.c file will work as is under eCos. You may
have to tweak stack sizes. The package is tested by the two files in
the tests directory.

sreenivas> test_inflate() are working fine and given the output
sreenivas> inflate():hello hello!.  But after these two functions.i.e
sreenivas> for testing the sources with large buffers,
sreenivas> test_large_deflate() works fine.  But in the
sreenivas> 'test_large_inflate', target(MPC860T) goes into"software

What target is that? We have no MPC860T target - we have several
targets using that CPU though.

sreenivas> emulation exception that is "catch exception".  The system
sreenivas> goes in to exception in the function "inflate_trees_bits()"
sreenivas> at r = huft_buid().  In the huft_build() function at line
sreenivas> number 270 q[j] = r ; is the main cause of exception.

sreenivas> I doubt that structures are not properly initialised.  what
sreenivas> can be the reason...??? what are the things that i need to
sreenivas> enable.??How can i debug this.

With the SDS debugger, at a guess.

Jesper