Re: Still confused by virtual vectors

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I'm trying to update my HAL to work with the current CVS
> snapshot and to use virtual vectors the "right" way.  I've read
> and re-read porting/hal-calling-if.html, but I just don't get
> it.
>
> I've looked at a couple different HAL implimentations and they
> don't all seem to support virtual vectors (or lack thereof) can
> somebody point me to a good HAL example?

Most do though. Since you're on ARM, choosing another ARM target is good.
How about the ebsa285 since it's well established. Look at hal_diag.c but
ignore the "compatibility with older stubs" bits. And then hal_diag.h and
plf_stub.h. edb7xxx is another option.

When you have it going, if you have any (preferably specific :-)) changes
to the document we'd be happy to take them. That goes for anyone! We know
it's still incomplete.

Jifl