Re: cyg_mempool problem?

Fredrik Hederstierna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Question regardning cyg_mempool:
>
> When I'm creating a cyg_mempool using 4 megabytes everything works fine.
> But if I increase the size of the mempool eCos crashes in the kernel
> (scheduler, mutex etc) which seems like memory trashing in the kernels
> stack space (?). I've tried to increase LIBC-malloc stack size but it
> had no effect.

That's the fallback size when the target has no __heap1 symbol defined. If
it does have a __heap1 symbol it will use that.

This could indicate your memory map does not reflect your hardware. Try
running the heaptest test in services/memalloc/common.

> I've also tried to MMU-protect parts of the RAM to see if
> there's any trashing by my application, but without effect.

You could also enable assertions, which would include stack checking
(although you can enable another option to check all threads - have a look
at the kernel CDL). Make sure to run heaptest with this enabled as it helps
a lot.

> Is there any limit on size of cyg_mempool, or are there any special
> issues when using sizes approx. > 4 MB?

Nope.

Jilf