Re: MultiIce support for gdb (redhat, please read)

Hi,

	We currently own a Multi-ICE v2.0 device. I think some
clarification on the gdb to Multi-ICE interfacing should be in order.
The Multi-ICE device is a PARALLEL ONLY device (I have seen some
messages on discussion lists talking about a serial mode). Based on
ARM documentation, the Multi-ICE device must be plugged into the
parallel port of a Windows PC, as ARM are using their own driver for
the parallel port. The Multi-ICE server software is installed on the
Windows PC and enables other computers (Windows or UNIX) on the
networtk to communicate with the Multi-ICE server using RPC calls.

Now here are the questions:

1. Is the option "--enable-multi-ice" in gdb/insight-5.0 still active?

2. If yes, is gdb/insight compiled with the --enable-multi-ice is
intended to interface with the Multi-ICE device by using a TCP/IP
connection to the ARM Multi-ICE server software on a Win2K machine?

3. What are the steps required to enable Multi-ICE support in
gdb/insight if I have all the required DLL and header files from ARM?

4. If I understand well, the only problem with gdb support for Multi-
ICE is that gdb can't be distributed with the header files of the
Multi-ICE, Am I correct?

	Hugo Villeneuve

  Hugo Villeneuve
  Hardware/Firmware Developer