some questions about microwindows?

i had port part functions of Tvgalib to ecos on
i386.Now i plan to port microwindow to ecos on
i386.but i don't know that the frame buffer is
essential to microwindows. As I know my Tvgalib
doesn't support frame buffer now, it just support
Trident vga card(isa).please tell me can I port
microwindows to ecos by using tvgalib as driver?

BWT:the tvgalib that i had wrote tested correctly in
all the graphic modes but it always failed in turn to
text mode.