Re: boot ecos from Assabet

Let me see whether we are "synchronized".  In
ecos.ecc,
the default value of CYG_HAL_STARTUP is "ROM":

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to
provide one.
    # user_value ROM
    # The inferred value should not be edited
directly.
    inferred_value ROM
    # value_source inferred
    # Default value: ROM           <-------
    # Legal values: "RAM" "ROM"

I guess this is good.

> ecosconfig tree
> make

Then, I change directory to example and type
> make hello

An executable "hello" is created but it is ELF (by
"file hell").  I suspect it is still a program to
execute in RAM; I haven't created a program that can
run from ROM.  Is this right?  What am I missing?

Thank you.

--- Gary Thomas <gthomas@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 09:47, Robert Lee wrote:
> > I suspect running "ecosconfig tree" will rewrite
> > ecos.ecc.   There must be a different place to
> > change CYG_HAL_STARTUP.  ecos.db doesn't look
> > promsing.
> >

> No.  'ecosconfig tree' _reads_ the "ecos.ecc" file
> and rebuilds your
> install/build tree.  Until you run this step, the
> changes to your
> configuration are not in effect.
>
> Note that a lot of other things in your application
> depend on the CDL,
> not just that simple #define of CYG_HAL_STARTUP
> (other options will
> change based on the value.
>
> Run 'ecosconfig tree'.

=====