Re: Cyg_Binary_Semaphore class

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:53:43AM -0700, Richard Wicks wrote:
> I was poking through the code and I ran across binary semaphores here:
>
> ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/kernel/current/src/sync/bin_sem.cxx
>
> I didn't realize these were implemented in the system.  I didn't see them
> covered in the ecos reference manual here:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/pdf/ecos-ref.pdf
>
> Are binary semaphores new?  How do I access them from C code instead of C++?

I believe that they've always been there, but you're not
supposed to use them.  You're supposed to use counting
semaphores instead. There was an extensive philosophical
discussion about this a few months back.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-03/msg00250.html

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com