problem in ROM startup application execution

hi,

Atlast i am able to add the module header and build standalone application. i
could burn the application in the flash. and the "rommodules" command (a BSL
command) lists it perfectly. but when i reset the board i expect the
application to execute(i have set the flags to auto start in the module
header)the way redboot does. I am not able to figure out what happend after
the system is reset seems like it is hanging.
I have tried to follow the redboot build method and redboot_module.c. In that
i have few doubts.
1. I could not understand what "redboot_inits" stands for.
2. I have the cyg user start function in my code and it is calling the
hal_if_diag_init() do i need to call CYGACC_CALL_IF_SET_CONSOLE_COMM the way
redboot does. if so could you please let me know what exactly it does?
3. I saw
CYG_HAL_TABLE_BEGIN( __RedBoot_INIT_TAB__, RedBoot_inits );
CYG_HAL_TABLE_END( __RedBoot_INIT_TAB_END__, RedBoot_inits );
these statements in main.c file in redboot/current/src directory. do i need
to do these things if so what these things do? is there any document which
explains these stuff.
4.do it need to add any of the startup code. or set the variables ram_start,
ram_end, workspace_start, workspace_end, workspace_size ?

thanks in advance,

regards,
/Ravi kumar