Re: Question about DSRs

Rajeev wrote:

>  Hi,
>         we are porting the serial driver of the PID board onto our
> customized board.  Transmit and Recieve are both in interrupt mode.
> When serial_xmt_char or serial_rcv_char are used in the ISR the driver
> seems to work well but when xmt_char is put in the DSR ,  the behaviour
> is not consistent, mean to say, when i have repeated write calls in a
> loop in my app ,the DSR doesnt get the control at all , but if i have
> just two write calls not in a loop then the  DSR gets control but it
> waits till cyg_user_start exits.

   I don't understand the description of your problem, but there's
something curious.
  cyg_user_start is executed with the IRQs inhibited, so it makes nosense
to me to talk about ISRs and DSRs during the execution of
cyg_user_start.... :-?

--
Rafael Rodríguez Velilla        rrv@tid.es
Telefónica I+D          http://www.tid.es