Re: Help reqd for TCP/IP stack on ecos

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 02:26:38PM -0000, sujith k wrote:

> My problem is, I can not put bridge code inside my box. becos,
> bridging functionality is done by the ASIC in my box. I have 24
> ethernet interfaces and need to have only one IP interface. That
> means, all the 24 ports should have the same IP address in my case.
> Is there any other way to solve this problem(without using the
> bridge code)?

How do the ports look like to eCos?

When you use eCos's bridge code you only bring up one interface and
assign it an IP address. The other ethernet devices you simply add to
the bridge using an IOCTL call. You do not initialize these interfaces
and they do not have IP addresses. When eCos sends a packet, routing
is simple since there is only one interface. The bridge then passes
the packet out the correct device, or floods it when it does not know
where to send it.

You say your bridge is inside an ASIC. So i expect that all ecos sees
is one 'virtual' ethernet device, not 24 devices. You just need to
bring up the one virtual device and assign it an IP address.

      Andrew