RE: This package does not have any valid version subdirectories

If anybody is interested (and for the archives anyway), it appears that the
problem was that a version of Tcl was installed in my tools directory when I
built and installed insight/gdb.  I managed to track the problem down to a
call to the Tcl interpreter (to list the subdirectories of a given
directory), and Tcl reported the directory was empty (which it was not).

I know absolutely nothing about Tcl, but I found that there were a whole
bunch of Tcl/Tk executables and DLL's in my tools directory with timestamps
comparable to the timestamp on my gdb in that directory, so when I removed
them, my problem went away.  (You will notice, I didn't say I fixed the
problem).

Now I need to go back and figure out why Insight/gdb decided to install
those files in that directory for me, since they were already installed as
part of my cygwin installation.

--wpd